Reports & Discussion
ICEF2016 Roadmap Project
ICEF2016 Roadmap Project
December 7, 2016 [Updated]
Roadmap Launch Event at COP22
- Sustainable Development for Realization of “Net Zero Anthropogenic Emission of CO2” and
- Desirable Innovation to Come
- – Launch Event of the Roadmap Developed by Innovation for Cool Earth Forum (ICEF) –
COP22 in Marrakech, Morocco
Special Speech: Dr. Hoesung Lee, Chairof IPCC
Prof. David Sandalow, Columbia University
Dr. Issam Dairanieh, CO2 Sciences, Inc.
Dr. Atsushi Kurosawa, The Institute of Applied Energy
A panel discussion
- Date: 15:00-16:30, November 16
- Venue: Japan Pavilion, Area D, Blue zone, COP22 in Marrakech, Morocco
- Language: English
- Registration: Not required. Anyone who is authorized to enter the Blue zone can attend.
Roadmap drafts were presentedand discussed in the ICEF2016 Annual Meeting
Two ICEF Roadmap drafts were presented in concurrent sessions of ICEF 2016 annual meeting and discussed as global industry-academia-government initiatives for sharing visions for the development and dissemination of innovative low carbon technologies. They were also presented at the Closing Session of the annual meeting.
Presentations at the Closing Session of ICEF 2016 by Mr. David Sandalow (left) and Dr. Atsushi Kurosawa (right)
- The roadmap for CO2 Utilization resulted from the efforts of the Steering Committee member Mr. David Sandalow (former Under Secretary of Energy, U.S.DOE) et al. After assessing almost 180 global technology developments on the basis of their technology feasibility, readiness, markets and momentum, 4 fields (fuel, construction materials, chemical products and polymers) have been shown close to practical use.
- ■ ICEF2016-Roadmap-Project-CO2-Utilization (PDF)
- The other roadmap is for ZEB / ZEH (Zero-Energy Building / Zero-Energy House). Many roadmaps of this area have been created by international organizations or national/local governments, but none took the humidity factor fully into consideration, even though it greatly affects the level of comfort. The draft ICEF roadmap focused on humidity because the regions where population and energy demand are expected to increase are located in humid areas. In the concurrent discussion, humidity, natural ventilation and insulation of windows were the main topics of discussion.
- ■ ICEF2016-Roadmap-Project-ZEB/ZEH (PDF)
- The two drafts have been revised to reflect the opinions and comments received at ICEF, and the finalized versions will be presented at an ICEF side event of COP22. The final roadmaps will also be published on the ICEF website soon.