as of September 1, 2023
The ICEF web-based platform secretary has, based on a recognition of its social responsibility to appropriately manage personal information, prescribed the following policy regarding the protection of personal information and will seek to ensure that directors, employees and others are thoroughly familiar with this policy and will strive to protect personal information.
1. Management of Personal Information
The ICEF web-based platform secretary will establish a system for the protection and management of personal information, and will establish and observe internal rules for the appropriate collection, use and provision of personal information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
When collecting personal information, the ICEF web-based platform secretary will inform the individual in advance the purpose for which the information will be used and will inform the individual of the ICEF web-based platform’s contact point for inquiries.
3. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- (1) Whenever personal information is acquired in a format directly by the individual, the purpose for which the information will be used will be clearly stated.
- (2) Personal information directly acquired through means other than (1), or when personal information is acquired indirectly, the information will be handled within the scope of the following purposes of use. When personal information is used outside the following purposes of use, the ICEF web-based platform secretary will inform the individual of the purpose and obtain his/her consent. However, when it is deemed from the circumstances in which the information was acquired that the purpose of use was clear, the above will be omitted.
- a) Responding to inquiries, sending various information, and other transaction related the ICEF activities
- b) Responding to inquiries concerning contributions and comments, monitor registry management, and other questionnaire operations
- c) Operations relating to administrative communications such as seminar, symposium and other event announcements
- d) Responding to all forms of inquiries directed to the ICEF web-based platform
4. Provision of Personal Information
The ICEF web-based platform secretary will not provide or disclose personal information to any third party other than the party for whom the individual has provided his/her prior consent.
5. Personal Information Safeguards
The Institute will seek to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information by establishing preventative measures against the unauthorized access to personal information, the loss, destruction, alteration or disclosure of personal information. Also, in the unlikely event that a problem arises, the Institute will strive to prevent the expansion of any damage and to immediately institute corrective measures.
6. Observance of Laws and Regulations relating to Personal Information
The ICEF web-based platform will observe laws and regulations relating to personal information.